- Rocio Sanchez
- Graduate Advisor
- 111 Koshland Hall, #111C
- Berkeley, CA 94720-3102
- Phone 510.642.5167
I provide graduate program management and advising for the department’s Plant Biology Ph.D. and Microbiology Ph.D. programs and students. I oversee all aspects of graduate academic, programmatic and student matters, from admission to graduation.
Berkeley’s PMB department and graduate programs are top-notch and world-renowned. Each year the faculty, students, and staff come together to recruit and admit students of exceptional talent and diversity. We are passionately committed in supporting and training our graduate students. We accomplish this holistically by:
- Providing a competitive funding package to all admitted graduate students
- Providing academic advising and faculty mentorships
- Fostering a connected department culture and environment that is invested in student & faculty success
- Empowering our students to explore their scientific curiosity, become leaders in science, and shape their own professional experience
- Holding rigorous academic and research standards that also reflect the University’s commitment to excellence and public service
This is done through faculty, student, and staff involvement at all levels and with collaborations across campus and affiliated labs.
To learn more about what PMB has to offer and how to apply to our graduate programs go to the following links:
Should you have any questions about our programs, how to apply, or the admissions process, contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm a Cal Alumna and also hold a Master’s degree from UCLA. Prior to working in higher education at CAL and at SFSU, I worked in non-profit organizations in the areas of K-12 education, special education, and immigration law.
In my current role as Graduate Advisor, my philosophy is to support and foster an inclusive community where graduate students can thrive in their research, academic studies and fulfill their personal and professional goals.